Additionally to the candidates’ biographical information, structured interviews can also focus on the evaluation of competencies that are essential for employees of the organization (competency-based interview). Through that approach, information that is directly related to the selection criteria set by the organization will be derived in the most scientific way.
- Know the different interviewing approaches – biographical, competency based, situational – along with their advantages and disadvantages
- Determine Person’s specifications based on the job description
- Recognize and use basic interviewing skills; purpose, preparation, attention (verbal and non-verbal behavior), activation (questioning techniques), structure, overview, control (based on short practical exercise)
- Conduct comprehensive and structured competency based interviews
- Categorize and evaluate information that they gather from interviews and reach a valid and objective decision (based on short practical exercises)
- Identify ways to reduce prejudice in interviews